Wednesday, July 8, 2009

San Diego Or Bust

We took Ryan on his first real road trip to San Diego last weekend! (Here he is before we hit the road at 5am) He did pretty good on the way there, he slept the first 2 hours and we only had to pull over once to feed him. When we got into town we drove straight to the beach and walked around for a while. It was so beatiful out, partly cloudy and 70 degrees, a much needed break from the oven we reside in! The ocean just captivates me...and the breeze is something I wish I could experience every single day. Then we took Ry to the Birch Aquarium and he loved it...although I'm not sure who enjoyed more, him or his dad!

We stayed in a hotel in Point Lloma and our room was right on a harbor in the San Diego bay..it was amazing!(The pic to the right was on our patio!) We will definitely be staying there again. We mostly just walked around, played on the beach, ate good food, shopped and people watched. Ryan was so enamoured with the sand..he kept trying to put it in his mouth! All in all, it was a pretty fun trip, next time I just hope we can stay longer! On the way back, Ryan was so burned out and pretty much fussed the last 2 hours, more like screamed his head off. I guess he was just sick of being in the car...or it could be the fact he was teething... he FINALLY got his first tooth! The poor kid has had the most long, drawn-out teething process so far. Here are some more pics from the rest if the trip.




3 comments:

  1. STOP! I can't stand how cute you all are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast!! Your pictures are too cute! I bet Ryan enjoyed himself:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend! You need to update your blog...I need to see some recent pics of that cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete